Monday, May 4, 2009

Appenda What?

So on Friday night Matt started to have a "stomach ache" ... he thought he was just hungry so after he scarfed down a huge hamburger he realized that he was now even sicker... he threw up and went and laid down... he slept all night in the fetal position ( poor guy) Well the next morning he said that the pain wasn't as bad but he was walking funny... I pushed his stomach and he about punched me in the face :) I knew that something was wrong and being the skilled MA that I am I told him he had appendicitis and that we needed to get him to the hospital. So after making sure where our insurance was accepted I tried to get my very reluctant husband to quit watching Last of the Dogmen and get in the car.... So his biggest fear was that he would have to get a colonoscopy ( I dont know why) but I assured him that he wouldnt even have to wear a gown, well after getting him all checked into the ER I went to his room and drew back the curtain to see him in a robe... his face said it all! After talking to the doctor he said that it could be appendicitis or maYBE HE COULD JUST BE BACKED UP:) We were laughing so hard.... he got a CAT scan and guess who was right! Me! He definately had to get it removed! So within 45 min he was in surgery... it went so fast... he did very well and we were very lucky it hadn't burst.... he had to recover for about an hour or two and then we got to bring him home! It was a very quick trip.. we got there at noon and were home by 8:) Although he is very sore and cant lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks he is doing well! I love you babe!

5 comments:

Katee said...

shoot poor guy that sucks! gosh you never know when your education is going to come in handy and bless your fam:)

Matt and Kathryn said...

I totally feel his pain! I had to have my Appendix out too! I hope he is doing better!! Good thing you are a smart wife and got him to the hospital!!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Poor Matt! Hope he is feeling better!

Brett and Megan said...

Poor Matt, that sucks. It was good seeing you yesterday! And we need to plan our walking schedule! Love ya Whits.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Poor Matt! I'm glad you acted fast and got him there in time. Tell him to stop trying to be like Dave!