Friday, December 5, 2008

My Eternal Companion....

So tonight we went to Matts parents to have scripture study with his brothers and sisters... I love studying with Matts dad because he is so knowlegeable and really helps you look deeper into the scriptures... But like I always do I went home feeling like I am not living up to my full potential.... I am so lucky to have the gospel in my life and I feel like I take it for granted. I know that one of the things that attracted me most to Matt was not his ripped body or dashing good looks but his testimony and love for the gospel. I know that a lot of people say that but actually it was on a night that Matt and I were reading the scriptures together that both of us say that we knew that we were "at the right place at the right time" I have always had a testimony but Matt really made me take a step back and ask myself why I felt the way I did which made me appreciate it even more..... Now those of you that know us know that we argue a lot.... in fact our families probably think that we hate eachother :) But I know that he is my Eternal Companion and we really do complete eachother. He is not only a hard worker but he is an amazing father who is so hands on and loves me unconditionally..... I am very lucky to have him and I hope he knows how much he means to me... I can remember taking out my endownments and seeing his in the temple was the best feeling I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCEED. He is my everything and I love him. I don't know how I got lucky enough to have 3 such wonderful boys in my life but I'm not going to question it... I like being spoiled! :)




2 comments:

The Hall Family said...

Whitney you and Matt are so dang cute togther, I love that you two ended up together, me and Brady were talking and we all need to get together and do something, I know Matt and Kami are also down for hanging out! Oh and I know I have told you this but your little boys are so cute

Nate and Sarah said...

That is so sweet to say about your hubby! I really loved reading about your testimony. I think in this world the gospel is what we HAVE to rely on to keep our families together! Thanks for posting that.