Monday, March 16, 2009

Time Flies when your havin' fun!

So I just realized that I havent posted for a while... everything in our world is still as hectic as ever but I wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't.... Hunter has found a new love... a book called "Is that my tractor" and he already has it memorized ( even though he cant really talk that well its funny to see him read it to everyone). Our house is really coming along... this week we start the flooring and all the finish work.... I can't believe its almost done! Its kinda weird to think that we are really going to live there. I have so many projects that I want to get done before we move in... paint this... organize that... man i hope the weather stays good so I can get everything done. So on a more serious note I had a really cool experience this weekend. Matt has been insisting that we are done having kids....:( Our kids are not very good babies at night ad I think we are both in need of some serious sleep.... but for some reason I was dwelling on it... my mind couldn't think of anything else. i was trying to decide if I felt like I had my whole family here with me or if there are some more special spirits up there for us...  Well I fought between trying to be content with what I have and thinking of all the perks of being done with having kids and I 'm not going to lie there are a lot, but on Saturday night we went to scripture study with Matts family and the chapter we were reading brought us to the discussion of having Heavenly Father be a part of all the decisions you make.... the question about having children came up and together we all discussed how even though sometimes you feel "done" you need to pray as a couple with Heavenly Father and be very open to whatever the answer may be. I know that I have more children waiting for but I am in no hurry to get them all here right now! I am so grateful for my kids and for our families... we are truly blessed! 

2 comments:

Franklin Times said...

Whitney~
I am so impressed with you. Your exactly right, when we involve Heavenly Father in our decisions, he will guide us and let us know what direction to take. (Even in the small stuff.) Glad to hear you have more sweet spirits coming your way.

Craig and Aly said...

You are amazing little Whitney!!! You inspire me to be a better person!